The dictionary defines a juggler as: “a person who adroitly balances several activities.” For those looking for an accomplished juggler, look no further than moms. While moms make this look effortless, trying to keep on top of everything can actually be quite exhausting. Thankfully, there are tons of organizing tools and tips that help an organized mom work smarter, not harder.
Here is a list of the top organization tools for busy moms to help them stay organized and keep things run smoothly:
- Keepy. Keepy is a handy app that helps cut down on paper clutter. How? Take a picture of your child’s artwork, tests and awards, and Keepy stores them organized by child and date. It even lets you easily share with family and friends!
- Calendars.Whether you prefer a printed or digital format, calendars are an indispensable tool for keeping your life organized. Hang a wall calendar in a central location like the kitchen so at a glance everyone can see what’s going on. Or if you prefer to go digital, Google Calendar lets you can set up reminders for your events. Since you can access Google Calendar on your phone, computer or tablet, this means you will be in the know no matter where you are!
- Two Happy Homes. Two Happy Homes is designed to make co-parenting across two households easier and more efficient. The app provides a central location so both households can easily access information such as contacts, important files, and finances.
- Out of Milk. Have you ever arrived home from the store and discovered you bought a second jar of jam and forgot to buy eggs? Out of Milk was designed so that this never happens again! The app lets you stay organized by tracking your shopping list, pantry inventory, and your to-do list.
- Wunderlist. Wunderlist lets you master your to-do lists, with reminders to ensure you never forget a deadline. It also lets you share your lists with others so you can collaborate to make sure everything gets done!
- Cozi. The Cozi app helps organize your family’s schedule and activities, maintain your grocery list in real-time, and manage recipes and meal planning (with the super convenient feature that lets you transfer ingredients from your recipes to your grocery list). When it comes to time management for moms, Cozi is tops! The Family Journal feature also allows you to easily save memories as they happen — it’s as easy as uploading photos with the story.
These organization tools for busy moms will keep you organized and up your time management game. Give them a try!
You can also try these easy organization ideas:
- Get yourself ready first.Get up earlier than your kids to allow yourself enough time to prepare for the day. Once you are done, this frees you up to focus on getting your kids ready.
- Meal prep as much in advance as possible. Preparing anything that you can ahead of time lets you get meals on the table quicker. Think: washing and cutting fruits and veggies, or making dressings, sauces, and side dishes in advance.
- Schedule “me time.” Even setting aside a few hours per week for yourself helps to prevent burnout. Nap, read a book, catch up on your favorite shows — this time is for you to do whatever will help you recharge.